Bob's Guitar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bob's Guitar Forum

BOB'S FORUM ABOUT GUITARS AND MUSIC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New To Guitar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel MB

New To Guitar Empty
PostSubject: New To Guitar   New To Guitar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Hello, I got a guitar around Christmas and I have been trying to learn how to play. I have watched several of bobs videos and I can play some things. (Nirvana Solo, Indiana Jones Theme some exercises etc.) But I don't know where I should really start, I don't know any of the scales yet but I plan on learning them.
All I wish to know is where do I go from here? I can't play fast or anything yet despite tons of practice. I can't play any chords because I have a hard time with finger placing as my fingers are quite long and quite often end up going on other strings.
I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance, Daniel
Back to top Go down
DestructionInfiltrate

DestructionInfiltrate

New To Guitar Empty
PostSubject: Hey daneil   New To Guitar I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Dont give up! It takes lots and lots of practice to be able to play with speed and still sound good. As far as scales go, learning the major scales is a very good first step to take. If you have any specific questions id be happy to answer them! Regarding to your chord playing problem, just keep playing the chords over and over. Try switching between say G chord and D chord to help you fingers get used to moving where you want them. If you have to you might want to even move your fingers with your other hand until their trained enough to do it by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Daniel MB

New To Guitar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New To Guitar   New To Guitar I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks for the advice, Also since then I can now play A, B, C, D, E, F, G Minors. I can't play them all that well or switch between them very quickly but I can play them...
If I have anymore questions, or anything I'll be sure to post in this topic or send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
susanexpress

New To Guitar Empty
PostSubject: ermm   New To Guitar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:51 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New To Guitar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New To Guitar   New To Guitar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New To Guitar
Page 1 of 1