Bob's Guitar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bob's Guitar Forum

BOB'S FORUM ABOUT GUITARS AND MUSIC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi everyone, My real name is John

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sequentis

Hi everyone, My real name is John Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone, My real name is John   Hi everyone, My real name is John I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 am

Hi everyone, on any website I go to my name is Sequentis, for you guys an gals it is my real name-John. Well where do I start? The beggining I guess is just a good a place as any. I started out playing guitar when I was about fourteen and teaching myself was slow going. When I was sixteen I formed a band and we wrote and played our own music. We even got onto radio once (WOW) and that was our only form of success. By the age of eighteen my self taught playing was comming on great and I had a much better understanding of music, (I would advise everyone to learn a bit of music reading ability and more so the theory side) so I even realized there was a very easy method of working out all the chord position on the fret board. Now when I say positions that what I mean. Chords alone there is too many for me to remember ha ha ha ha, I started out with the major chords and their minors and ther seventh, and every now an then when I need to know a new chord I always learn all the positions for it. By being able to play, let's say a g as a bar chord on the third fret one can play the same chord but make it sound so much different by playing it one a different fret, let's say the tenth fret. OK the shape of the chord has changed but it is the same chord. In this instance we bar the tenth fret and with your little finger or whatever is better for you we also cover the b,g,d on the twelth fret. Try it, it sounds great. Mind you I am probably getting laughed at for writing this cus you all probably know anyway :-). Anyway, where was I? Ah! I remember, I had a very nasty car accident when I was twenty and I wont bore you with all my injuries but I will tell you my right arm was paralyed for about a year and it took me many years to be able to play again, I am getting better every day and I am at the stage now where I can impress anyone who asks me to play something. That is good enough for me cus I am forty one years old now and I guess my days and dreams of being in a decent band are lone gone. :-( I practise about four hours a week longer if I get the chance. I have a Squire Fender Strat, a Squire ten what practise amp and a Toneworks AX1500G MODELING SIGNAL PROCCESING UNIT made by Korg. Unlike what people say the Squire is a decent guitar and any person that I know who plays and have tried it have had to eat their words. Right that is about it I guess for now, I am just going to read a few of YOUR introductions for a while.

By for now,

Peace

John
Back to top Go down

Hi everyone, My real name is John
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bob's Guitar Forum :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to: